In the beginning…
Where do you start?
Easy, start in the beginning and investigate. Begin with the “why”, then move on to the “what” and “where” and then end with the “how.” It’s quick and simple. In fact, you’re already a fourth of the way there! If you’re reading this, you already know the “why”. It has been put on your heart to make Jesus Christ known and loved, and the Holy Spirit is guiding you to do so specifically for women.
What Exactly is WINE: Women In the New Evangelization?
WINE: Women In the New Evangelization is about empowering women to work within their God-given gifts as women to nurture, heal and build up the body of Christ.
WINE: Women In the New Evangelization is about recognizing the gifts in ourselves and others, putting women in roles where they can joyfully use their gifts, and promoting the great Catholic resources gifted others have created to deepen our relationship with the Lord and love of the faith.
WINE: Women In the New Evangelization is about women working together, supporting, nurturing and mentoring each other on this journey as we strive to live out the Blessed Mother’s words at Cana and “do whatever He tells us.”
(Read more about the essence of WINE here: Do Whatever He Tells You)
Where did WINE come from?
In years of traveling the country and working with hundreds of Catholic women’s Bible studies and faith sharing groups, we saw beautifully talented, incredibly passionate and ridiculously busy women striving to provide an environment that allowed women to know and love Jesus Christ, an environment in which women could learn the truth about their dignity and vocation, an environment that allowed women to live their faith with confidence, with conviction and hope. What we noticed was that many women were doing much of the work themselves, and many were reinventing the wheel—and what woman has time for that?
Through much prayer, WINE: Women In the New Evangelization emerged as the answer for busy women who found themselves on fire to lead other women in the Catholic faith, be that hosting a small group in their house or running a flourishing women’s ministry in their parish.
As such, with new ardor, method and zeal we decided to:
1. Gather a comprehensive list of recommended, tried and true, solid Catholic programs that help women grow in their faith; thus taking away the long hours and extensive research a leader would have to do to find approved and fruitful programs, books, or events for her group.
2. Suggest a successful systematic order to running programs with women’s groups that would allow room for the Holy Spirit to guide the group. WINE provides a structure that makes leaders confident in leading, yet is flexible and allows each group to grow organically—going wherever the leader and core team guided by the Holy Spirit take it.
3. Provide all the templates one could need to promote, implement and grow a flourishing women’s ministry, run a successful women’s retreat or host a fruitful women’s event. WINE creates a place for women all around the country to share and learn from one another. Again, why should we all be reinventing the wheel?
4. Offer a community of prayer and support that would assist, nurture, encourage and train leaders to: begin and grow a fruitful parish women’s ministry, lead vibrant small groups, become spiritual mentors, and learn how to discern charisms such that women are placed in roles in which they are gifted, allowing the work in the vineyard to be shared among many joyful laborers.
5. Present special offerings specifically created for “New WINE Groups” as they continue to cultivate, grow, flourish and germinate. These offerings are called “Specialty WINE” and they are just one of the many awesome perks to being part of WINE: Women In the New Evangelization!
How do I become part of WINE?
Next, visit our Cultivating Your WINE Group page and review the 7 step process of starting a WINE Chapter.
WINE is currently working in partnership with the Office of Evangelization and Catechesis for the Archdiocese of St. Paul and Minneapolis, and will roll out in archdiocesan parishes in the fall of 2015.
If you are in the Archdiocese of St. Paul and Minneapolis and are interested in bringing WINE to your parish, we’d love to talk with you. Please let us know by contacting us at: WomenIntheNewEvangelization@gmail.com or 612-812-6241.
If you are visiting our site from another diocese and are interested in learning more about WINE, or perhaps becoming a pilot group, contact us at: WomenIntheNewEvangelization@gmail.com
And if you just happen to be in the neighborhood, come to a WINE event! we’d love to have ya!